TERMS & CONDITIONS – GOOGLE ADS
MEANINGS & ABBREVIATIONS
The following words have their corresponding meanings:
Agreement refers to the Client’s agreement with the Company as contained in the Google Ads Proposal.
The Client refers to the customer/company named as the Client and (where applicable) the website or business that the company has authority over.
The Company refers to Digital Hippo.
GENERAL GOOGLE ADS TERMS & CONDITIONS
This is not a fixed-term Agreement with Digital Hippo, however whilst Digital Hippo is managing your Google Ads account the following terms and conditions apply:
By entering into the Google Ads Agreement, the Client grants the Company permission to access the Client’s Google Ads account for the purpose of optimizing and managing the Client’s online marketing strategy.
- The Company will make every effort to set up the Client’s Ads account as quickly as possible, but in some cases it may take up to 5-7 days to complete the setup process.
- The Company is not responsible for any delays that may occur as a result of waiting for additional information from the Client, which is necessary for setting up a new or modifying an existing account.
- The Google Ads Agreement operates on a month-to-month basis, to allow the Company to finalize strategies in collaboration with the Client and to ensure the Client’s account is not negatively impacted by incomplete optimization techniques.
It is important to note that:
- The Company is not affiliated with Google or Google Ads.
- Certain work performed by the Company in the Client’s Google Ads account, as determined by the Company before the start of the contract, will remain the intellectual property of the Company throughout the duration of the contract and will remain the property of the Company following termination of the contract.
- The Client agrees that all intellectual property belonging to the Company, as identified in clause 6, will be removed from the Client’s Google Ads account following termination of the contract.
- The Client agrees that failure to comply with clause 6.i. will result in the Client being charged for each month that the Company’s intellectual property remains live in the Client’s Google Ads account.
- The Company will provide the Client with advice, information, and technical services related to Search Engine Advertising/Marketing to help the Client achieve optimal online advertising goals.
- Unless stated otherwise, the Company does not guarantee any specific rate of return or performance for online advertising on Google Ads and cannot be held responsible for commercial outcomes related to the management of the Client’s Google Ads account(s).
- The Company provides internet marketing services at a competitive price, but is not insuring or underwriting the Client’s business model. The Client acknowledges that internet services are subject to technical failures and disruptions from time to time.
- The Company is not liable for fines, penalties, taxes, damages, indirect/consequential losses (including loss of contract, loss of production, loss of revenue, loss of profit, lost opportunity costs, and/or other losses not arising naturally and directly), or legal costs and expenses (except reasonable legal costs awarded by a court) arising from the subject matter of the Google Ads Proposal.
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, the Client also authorizes the Company to use the Client’s business name(s) and logo(s) in the Company’s promotional material, which may include but is not limited to a display on the Client’s website, promotional banners, and pamphlets.
- These Terms and Conditions may be modified at any time by the Client and the Company, provided both parties agree to the modifications.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is void, unenforceable, or illegal in the jurisdiction, such provision will be severed for that authority. The remainder of the Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect, and the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction will not be affected. This clause will have no effect if the severance alters the basic nature of the Terms and Conditions or is contrary to public policy.
- The Company agrees to abide by copyright law when building the Client’s Ads campaigns and will assign copyright to the content produced for the Client’s Ads campaign(s). This clause does not assign copyright to any other materials created
- All fees are due in advance, unless otherwise specified.
- Invoices for the Google Ads Proposal must be paid in South African Rand and exclude VAT.
- The Client is required to pay the initial setup fee in full prior to the Company commencing the setup of the Client’s Google Ads account(s).
Google Ads Budget:
- The Company reserves the right to adjust the PPC budgets as necessary, and will inform the Client of any changes.
- The Client is responsible for communicating their desired monthly budget to the Company in writing at the launch of the campaigns.
Monthly Management Fees:
- Monthly invoices will be generated on the 5th of each month.
- The Client is required to make payments by the 4th of the following month.
- In the event that payment is not reflected in the Company’s account by the 6th, the Client’s campaign may be paused.
- The Client must notify the Company if they wish to suspend or cancel the management of their Ads account(s)/campaign(s), and the Company will schedule a meeting to discuss feedback, requirements, or concerns. Should the Client still wish to cancel, a notice period of one calendar month is required. Cancellation requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon receipt of a cancellation request, all amounts owed to the Company must be paid in full, and any outstanding amounts must be settled within 7 business days of cancellation.
- If any invoices remain unpaid 60 days after cancellation, the Company reserves the right to engage a debt collector, at the Client’s expense.
Annual Price Increase:
- Our financial year runs from March 1st to February 28th, and a standard price increase is implemented annually on March 1st. We will provide the details of the increase to our clients.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa shall govern this proposal.